Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Haunted Patterson Road

Welcome to Haunted Patterson Road.  Looks pretty benign, and in fact downright beautiful right now doesn't it?  At night this road, which connects Eldridge Parkway and Highway 6, is pitch black.  It is said that a bloody civil war battle was fought near here, and that if you park your car on that bridge ahead, at night, you will hear tapping on the sides of your car by soldiers-ghosts who died here.

I have driven this road when it is pitch black and believe me it is spooky.  Once, going to work while it was still black,  I heard the tapping.  I stepped on the gas. I did not stop.  I did not jump out with my recorder (there is an app for that too) and start yelling, "Does anyone here want to talk to me?"   Tom keeps trying to talk me into it.  Not gonna happen!  You can read about this road in the book Weird Texas.
[iPhone Image]

2 comments:

  1. I really like this image. Given your description I can almost feel I'm in the middle of a Stephen King novel. I still think we need to take pictures out here late at night under a full moon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a long shoot... I have driven by here after midnite to see a couple of cars with kids hanging around. Reminds me of that movie Nomads.

    ReplyDelete